Government funding is available for some 2 year olds, if set criteria is met.
You must be in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Children are also entitled to a place if:
- They’re looked after by a local council
- They have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
- They get Disability Living Allowance
- They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
WHEN TO CLAIM
If your child is eligible, you can start claiming after they turn 2. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.
Child’s birthday, when you can claim:
- 1 January to 31 March - the beginning of term on or after 1 April
- 1 April to 31 August - the beginning of term on or after 1 September
- 1 September to 31 December - the beginning of term on or after 1 January
We know that your Pre-School choice is incredibly important so we welcome all prospective parents and their children to visit Hail Weston Pre-School, meet the staff and see a session in progress.
Please feel free to contact us and arrange a visit – we look forward to welcoming you.